Mapping Entities When Saving Drawings as .dxf or .dwg Files
You can map SolidWorks drawing entities when you save drawings as .dxf or .dwg files to configure these entities in the target files. You can map SolidWorks entities to layers, colors, or line styles you specify in the SolidWorks to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box when you export drawings to .dxf or .dwg files.
- From a SolidWorks drawing, click
- Click Options.
- For Custom map SolidWorks to DXF/DWG, select Enable and clear Don't show mapping on each save.
- Click OK.
- Type a name for the file, select a file location, and click Save.
- Specify the layer names and layer line style to include in the target .dxf or .dwg file.
- Specify which Solidworks entities are mapped to each layer in the target file.
- Specify map entities, layers, and colors in the SolidWorks to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box or click Load Map File to load them and click OK.