Detailing document properties include specifications for dimensions, annotations, and tables. A drafting standard includes a set of detailing document properties that you can use with multiple drawings. You can create and customize drafting standards for a drawing document.
- Save drafting standards to a file, archive them, and send them to others.
- Import drafting standards from a saved standards file.
- Save custom standard settings to drawing templates.
- Rename, copy, or delete custom standards.
You can create customized drafting standards by clicking Options (Standard toolbar) and then selecting Document Properties.
Custom settings for document properties include:
The overall drafting standard is saved under a modified name to prevent overwriting a fixed standard when you:
- Select one of the fixed overall drafting standards such as ANSI or ISO.
- Modify a detailing document property.
Customizing the Drafting Standard
For this example, the drafting standard requirements for your company are:
- Overall drafting standard: ANSI
- Base standard for weld symbols: GB
- Leader thickness for all annotations and dimensions: 0.20mm
To set up these requirements:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar).
- From the Document Properties tab, select Drafting Standard.
- Select ANSI for the Overall drafting standard.
- Select and select GB for the Base weld symbol standard.
- For each annotation and dimension type, select Custom Size for Leader Thickness and type 0.20mm.
- Select Drafting Standard and click Save to External File.
- After selecting the necessary directory, click Save to save the .sldstd standard file.
- Click OK.
All users can refer to a saved standard by loading it. To load a saved standard, select Drafting Standard
and click Load From External File