Use the New Template wizard to create new templates that are available to users when they right-click in File Explorer and click New.
- Right-click Templates and click New Template.
- In the New Template wizard, on the Template Name screen, for Menu string, type the command to show in the New submenu in File Explorer.
The menu string becomes the template name in the Administration tool.
- Click Next.
- On the Execute as screen, select the permissions for Enterprise PDM to check when a user creates files and folders using the template. Choose one of the following:
- On the Template Cards screen, select cards to prompt the user for variable values when using the template, then click Next.
- On the Files and Folders screen, define files and folders that are created by the template, then click Next.
- On the Icon screen, select an icon for the New submenu, then click Next.
- On the Users and Groups screen, select the users and groups who can use the template, then click OK.
The new template is added to the Templates node.
Users can select the new template from the New menu by right-clicking in the file listing of a folder in File Explorer.