You can configure a workflow transition to launch a task.
For example, when an assembly is ready for review, you can create a transition action that converts parts and drawings to .pdf files for distribution to reviewers.
To ensure that the task runs silently, when you configure the task:
- On the Add-ins page, do not specify an input card.
- On the Execution Method page, let the system choose the computer to execute the task or execute the task on the computer where it is initiated.
- For print and conversion settings, clear all Allow the user to change this setting check boxes.
To use a workflow to launch a task:
Open the workflow and click Properties on the transition where you want the task to occur.
For example, click the Submit for Approval transition.
- In the Transition Properties dialog box, under Actions, click New.
- In the Transition Actions dialog box, for Type, select Execute Task.
- Click Run for files.
Run for items and Run for named bills of materials are not supported for the Convert and Print tasks.
- To run for specific file types, click Only run for files with these extensions and specify the extensions.
For example, type slddrw; sldprt to perform the task on SolidWorks drawings and parts.
- For Select task to execute, select a task.
- Click OK twice.
- Save the workflow.
When the user right-clicks a selected group of files and clicks
, the task is performed on the specified files.