When a user uses Copy Tree to copy a CAD file and its referenced files, the project number and revision values should be cleared. You can configure the Copy Tree tab of the user's Settings dialog box so that the Enterprise PDM software clears these data card values.
To configure Copy Tree to clear the project number and revision values:
- Under Users, right-click the user and select Settings.
- In the Settings dialog box, on the Copy Tree tab, click Add.
- Under Selected file type, enter the extensions or patterns of the files that will be affected.
You can use patterns that contain the * and ? characters.
Separate patterns with semicolons.
- Click Add Variable.
- In the Variables to update list, for Variable, enter the variable name Project Number.
- Leave the Value column blank.
This clears the value when the file is copied.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 for the variable Revision.
- Click OK.