Importing Vault Settings
The Enterprise PDM vault Import option lets you add settings that have been exported from another vault.
For example, you can create a column set in one vault, export it as a .cex file, and import it into another vault.
The settings used by an exported object are included in the .cex file. For example, an exported workflow contains the settings the workflow depends on, such as revision numbers and BOM templates.
Group settings are included in .cex files for objects such as search cards, bills of materials, templates, etc. User settings such as permissions are never included in export files.
Attention: If you import a .cex file for a role or for a parallel transition that includes a role into a vault that already has a role of the same name, the data from the imported role does not replace or combine with the existing role. No messages are displayed.
You can import default vault settings:
- When you upgrade to a new version of Enterprise PDM and upgrade existing vaults.
- When you want to add settings that you did not select when you created the vault.
You can import by:
- Right-clicking a vault in the Administration tool, clicking Import, and selecting a .cex file to import.
- Dragging settings from the Administrative Export File dialog box to a vault.
- Dragging an object from one vault to another.