Create new Bill of Materials column configurations to provide different BOM layouts.
You can also modify the default BOMs that ship with Enterprise PDM.
To create a new Bill of Materials template:
- Log in to the Administration tool as a user with permission to update columns.
- Right-click Bills of Materials and click New Bill of Materials.
- In the Bill of Materials dialog box, type the Bill of materials name.
- Select the template Type.
- Under Columns, click New Column.
Under Selected column:
Select the data card or system Variable whose value should be displayed in the column.
The default variable name you selected appears in the Name field.
- If you want a different name to appear to users, modify Name.
- Specify the Alignment of the column value and the Default width of the column.
You can modify the default width by moving the column dividers in the Preview.
- For data card variables (not system variables), select how configurations should be searched to locate the variable, or define a link attribute by selecting Look for variable in reference specific values.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to add more columns.
The following columns are required:
Reference Count (BOM Quantity disregarded)
- Use the Preview field to see how the columns will be displayed in File Explorer or Item Explorer.
- Under Users and Groups, select the users and groups to have access to the BOM template and assign Rights.
- Click OK.