To execute tasks on a computer, you must configure the computer to be a task host. You grant task execution permission for each vault where tasks will be run.
For the Convert
, Design Checker
, and Print
tasks, SolidWorks must be installed on the systems you select for task execution. When the task runs, SolidWorks is opened briefly. If you configure a task to convert assemblies that use Toolbox parts, to prevent SolidWorks from hanging, set the Hole Wizard/Toolbox path in SolidWorks to the Toolbox location in the vault. See Configuring Toolbox in Enterprise PDM and SolidWorks
To configure a computer as a task host:
- On a computer you are configuring to host tasks, use File Explorer to log in to the vault.
- In the notification area to the right of the taskbar, click the Enterprise PDM icon and click Task Host Configuration.
- In the Task Host Configuration dialog box, select the vault where you want to permit task execution.
The task add-ins installed in the vault are listed.
- Under Permit, select the add-ins that can execute tasks on this computer.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each vault where you want to permit task execution.
- Click OK.
When an administrator selects the execution method for a task, the computer appears in the list of computers you can select for task execution.