A file vault is a central archive for files and the database that stores information about them. To access files, you create a local file vault view that connects directly to the file vault.
To create a local view of a vault:
On the Windows Start menu, click .
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
On the Select servers screen, select archive servers from the list and click Next .
If your archive server is not listed, you can add it manually. Click Add, and in the Add server manually dialog box, enter the server name and port. Click OK and click Next.
If prompted for log-in information, ask your administrator for permission to add file vault views.
- On the Select vaults screen, select vaults from the list, and click Next.
- In the Select location dialog box:
- Under Attach location, browse to a location on your local machine for the file vault view.
Under Attach type, select one:
Only for me for a version that is only accessible to you.
- For all users on this computer when you are working in a terminal environment.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish and then Close.
Windows Explorer shows the local vault view as a folder with a vault
The icon appears in two places:
- In the location you selected in step 5.
- In the Favorites list at the top of the navigation pane.