A file that reaches a certain state (for example, an assembly is approved for manufacturing) can be assigned a new revision number. The revision can be incremented either manually or automatically as part of the workflow.
To increment revisions manually:
- You must have appropriate permissions.
- The file cannot be checked out.
- A revision scheme must be defined for the current state of the file.
To increment a revision number:
Select the file and click .
In the Increment Revision dialog box, verify that the revision number can be incremented.
If OK is not displayed in the Result column, a message explains the problem (lack of access rights, for example). The administrator must give you rights to increment revisions for the file at its current state in the workflow.
- Select one of more files to transition, and set column values as needed.
See Increment Revision Dialog Box.
OK to increment the revision.
- To verify the new revision number, select the file and click .