To view and manage items, you must connect to an Enterprise PDM vault through a local folder called a local vault view.
- In the View Setup wizard, click Next.
- Select a server and click Next.
If prompted for log-in information, ask your administrator for permission to add vault views.
If a server is not listed, you might need to add it manually. Click Add, type the Server name, then click OK. Contact your administrator if you have problems.
- Select one or more vaults and click Next.
On the Select location page:
Under Attach location, browse to a folder on your local computer for the file vault view.
- Under Attach type, select who can access the vault: Only for me or For all users on this computer (requires local administrator rights).
- Click Next.
- Click Finish, then click Close.
Windows Explorer shows the local vault view as a folder with a vault icon.