Before users can run SolidWorks products on their individual computers, you must activate a SolidNetWork license on the SolidNetWork License Manager computer.
Activation requires that you have Internet or email access. After activation, you do not need to be online to use the products. If you do not have email access on the computer where you use this product, you can save the activation file and send it from another computer.
- Activates the SolidWorks SolidNetWork License Manager with SolidNetWork licenses across SolidWorks products.
- Allows you to transfer SolidNetWork licensing rights from one SolidNetWork License Manager computer to another.
- Enables you to install and activate the SolidNetWork licensing rights on one SolidNetWork License Manager computer.
- Must be performed before you can use SolidNetWork licenses.
- Eliminates the need for dongles. If you activate a SolidNetWork license for this version of SolidWorks, SolidNetWork licenses for previous versions of SolidWorks are activated. (You no longer need to retain the dongle.)
To activate a SolidNetWork license: