Before you can run SolidWorks products on an individual computer, you must activate the license for that computer.
Activation requires that you have Internet or email access. After activation, you do not need to be online to use the products. If you do not have email access on the computer where you use this product, you can save the activation file and send it from another computer.
- Activates all software licenses across the SolidWorks product line.
- Allows you to transfer licensing rights from one computer to another.
- Enables you to install and activate the SolidWorks products on one work computer and one home computer.
- Can be performed immediately (recommended) or within 30 days of installation.
- Eliminates the need for dongles. However, if you run previous versions of SolidWorks products that do not use activation, you need to retain the dongle.
For system administrators who have multiple serial numbers to manage, you can use the Administrative Image Option Editor. For details, see Administrative Image Option Editor.
To activate a license: