Creating an Administrative Image from SolidWorks Installation Manager
If you are installing SolidWorks on multiple computers, you can create an administrative image and then deploy the application to other computers.
Start SolidWorks Installation Manager (as described under Initiating SolidWorks Installation).
- On the Welcome screen, select Administrative image.
Administrative image creation options appear:
- Create a new image using default settings.
- Create the image using the default configuration settings (that is, not based on the settings currently established for an existing administrative image at your site).
- Create a new image using settings and files from an existing image.
- Create the image using configuration settings specified for an existing administrative image at your site. Click Browse to specify the installation directory for the existing administrative image.
- Create both 32-bit and 64-bit administrative images.
- You can create both 32-bit and 64-bit images on a single computer or you can create just the image that corresponds to that computer architecture. Creating both images does require that you have access to the 32-bit and 64-bit installation media.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.