You can recognize some imported body features from a part, save the part, then recognize more features from the same imported body at a later time.
You can also recognize features of partially recognized parts (parts that contain imported bodies and recognized features). You can save the partially recognized document to preserve its various stages of recognition. Step-by-step recognition is supported by automatic and interactive feature recognition or by a combination of these methods.
- Step-by-step recognition is available for multibody parts or parts with sheet metal features.
- Feature names before recognition are not retained after recognition. For example, a hole feature named DHole-50 before recognition is renamed to Hole1 after recognition if it is the first recognized hole.
- The Find Patterns, Combine Features, and Re-Recognize commands are available only for the features currently displayed under Recognized Features in the Intermediate Stage PropertyManager. You cannot run these commands on previously existing features.
If a part contains an imported body and any of the following features, FeatureWorks can recognize these features:
- Base flanges
- Sketched bends
- Chamfers, including face chamfers
- Boss and cut extrudes
- Fillets, including face and full round fillets
- Edge flanges
- Hem flanges
- Miter flanges
- Hole Wizard holes (all standards for all types of Hole Wizard holes.)
- Base lofts
- Patterns, including circular, linear, mirror, and sketch driven
- Boss and cut revolves
- Revolves without a centerline
- Boss and cut sweeps (without guide curves)
- Boss and cut thickens