Plotting the Part Center of Mass Position in an Assembly
You can plot the position of a the center of mass of a part in an assembly in motion.
From a Motion Analysis study, click Results and Plots (MotionManager toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager under Result, for Category, select Displacement/Velocity/Acceleration.
- For Subcategory, select Center of Mass Position.
For Select result component, select the result resolved value direction:
X Component for resolved values in the X direction.
- Y Component for resolved values in the Y direction.
- Z Component for resolved values in the Z direction.
Select a part face.
By default, the motion of the center of mass is calculated with respect to the assembly origin. You can optionally select a reference part
to plot the motion of the center of mass relative to the coordinates of that part.
The center of mass of the selected part is indicated with a small ball .
- Select the Plot Results options you require, and click .
The result appears in the MotionManager tree.
- Click Calculate (MotionManager toolbar).