Sheet metal options vary depending on whether you are working with a part, assembly, or drawing.
To access this dialog box, start with a part, assembly, or drawing. Click
Options for Parts and Assemblies
- Simplify bends
- Straightens curved edges in the flat pattern.
|Simplify bends selected
||Simplify bends cleared
- Corner treatment
- Applies smooth edges in the flat pattern.
- Create multiple flat patterns whenever a feature creates multiple sheet metal bodies
- If you use a feature to create additional bodies in a sheet metal part, each new body gets a sheet metal and flat pattern feature.
- Show form tool punches when flattened
- Displays the forming tool and its placement sketch in a flat pattern.
- Show form tool profiles when flattened
- Displays the forming tool's placement sketch in a flat pattern.
- Show form tool centers when flattened
- Displays the forming tool's center mark where the forming tool is located in a flat pattern.
Options for Drawings
- Flat pattern colors
- Lets you select colors for entities in flat patterns. You can select colors for:
- Bend Lines - Up Direction
- Bend Lines - Down Direction
- Form Feature
- Bend Lines - Hems
- Model Edges
- Flat Pattern Sketch Color
- Bounding box
- Display sheet metal bend notes
Displays bend notes in the drawing. In Style, select the location for the bend notes. You can also right-click a flat pattern view and click Properties, and select or clear Display sheet metal bend notes.
If you select above or below the bend lines, you can also add note leaders individually or simultaneously while in the drawing document.
- Show fixed face
- Displays the fixed face that is defined in the flat pattern feature of the sheet metal part.
To view the fixed face, the flat pattern view must include a bend table.
- Show grain direction
- Displays the grain direction that is defined in the flat pattern feature of the sheet metal part.
To view the grain direction, the flat pattern view must include a bend table.