When you box select from left to right, only items completely within the box are selected. When you cross select from right to left, items crossing the box boundaries are selected, in addition to the items within the box.
When you box select, the box is displayed in solid lines. When you cross select, the box is displayed in dotted lines.
Entities selected with cross selection include:
- In sketches - sketch entities and dimensions.
- In drawings - sketch entities, dimensions, and annotations
|Box select (left to right)
||Cross select (right to left)
Use the Shift
keys the same way as in Microsoft Explorer.
- Shift selects everything within the box whether currently selected or not.
- Ctrl inverts the current selection within the box.
- In both cases, any prior selections outside the box remain unchanged.