|SolidWorks® 2012 includes many enhancements and improvements, most in direct response to customer requests. This release focuses on the following themes:
Automated functionality that you use most often
- Improvements in performance and quality that speed up software operation and create a more continuous workflow
- New tools that greatly extend current SolidWorks design capabilities and enable fundamental changes in your product development process
- Extensive support for collaboration and connectivity that allows your design teams to work on joint projects across the globe
For More Information
Use the following resources to learn about SolidWorks:
- What's New in PDF and HTML
- This guide is available in PDF and HTML formats. Click:
- Interactive What's New
- In SolidWorks, click the symbol to display the section of this manual that describes an enhancement. The symbol appears next to new menu items and the titles of new and changed PropertyManagers.
To enable Interactive What's New, click
- What's New Examples
- What's New Examples are updated at every major release to provide examples of how to use most top enhancements in the release.
To open What's New Examples click
- Online Help
- Contains complete coverage of our products, including details about the user interface, samples, and examples.
- Release Notes
- Provides information about late changes to our products.