Forming tools include several enhancements that improve the workflow.
- Select configurations of the forming tools or target parts.
- Change the placement face where you locate the forming tools.
- Create links to forming tools, so that if you change the original forming tool, the changes propagate to target parts where you use the forming tool.
- Replace existing forming tools with different forming tools.
- Set the appearance of placement sketches in flat patterns.
- Assign punch IDs for use in punch tables.
- Inserting Forming Tools
When you insert forming tools, the Form Tool PropertyManager provides an easier interface for tasks such as selecting the placement face, flipping the tool, and choosing configurations.
- Replacing Forming Tools
After you insert a forming tool in a model, you can replace the forming tool with another one.
- Linking Forming Tools
You can create links to forming tools, so that if you change the original forming tool, the changes propagate to target parts where you use the forming tool.
- Transforming the Placement Sketch
You can choose how to display forming tools in flat patterns.
- Creating Punch IDs
You can add punch IDs to forming tools for easier identification in punch tables.
- Inserting a Punch Table
Punch tables are available with the flat pattern view of sheet metal parts and contain the form features and library features used in sheet metal bodies.