Application Programming Interface
The SolidWorks eDrawings Application Programming Interface (API) is an OLE programming interface to SolidWorks eDrawings and is implemented as a Microsoft ActiveX control. You can use the eDrawings API to customize the eDrawings Viewer, create interactive web pages, and translate files. The API contains functions that you can call from Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VB.NET, C++, and C#. These functions provide direct access to the eDrawings environment.
To download the eDrawings API SDK:
- Go to www.solidworks.com.
- Click Support, Downloads.
- If you are logged in, go to step 5. Otherwise, on the Downloads page, click Login for full access to the latest SolidWorks release and updates.
- On the SolidWorks Customer Portal page, select the Language, type your Email Address and Password, and click sign in.
- On the Downloads page:
- In Select Version, select the version to download.
- On the SolidWorks tab, click the SolidWorks version whose eDrawings API SDK you want to download.
- On the SolidWorks Download EULA page, click Accept Agreement & Continue.
- On the Download and Install page, click download, unzip, and install all the files.
- On the Manual Installs page:
- In Upgrading from Service Pack, select the version from which you are upgrading.
- In Language, select a language.
- In SolidWorks Product, select the product.
- Click Continue.
- On the Manual Download Packages page, under Step 5 – Optional updates, click SolidWorks eDrawings API SDK.
- Click Save, then save the file.