You select From file in the Design Table PropertyManager to insert a Microsoft Excel file as a design table.
- In a part or assembly document, click Design Table (Tools toolbar) or .
- In the PropertyManager, under Source, select From file, then click Browse to locate the Excel file.
- Optionally, select Link to file, which links the table to the model.
If you update a linked design table in Microsoft Excel, then open the SolidWorks model, you can choose to update either:
- the model with the design table values
- the design table with the model values
You can set the update options in . Set Update out-of-date linked design tables to
, or Excel File
- Set the Edit Control settings and Options, as desired.
- Click .
The worksheet appears in the model document, and the Excel menus and toolbars replace the SolidWorks menus and toolbars.
- Edit the design table if necessary. When you finish editing, click anywhere outside the table to close it.
A message indicates the names of any new configurations that were generated by the design table, and the SolidWorks menus and toolbars reappear.
Design Table appears in the ConfigurationManager . Double-click the configuration name, or right-click the configuration name and select Show Configuration.