The Unigraphics translator imports the Parasolid information of a Unigraphics® part or assembly into a SolidWorks part or assembly document. Only the Parasolid information is extracted, not the proprietary feature information of a Unigraphics part.
You can import Unigraphics compressed part files.
To open a Unigraphics part or assembly:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or .
- In the dialog box, set Files of type to Unigraphics (*.prt), then click Options.
- In the Import Options dialog box, under General, select or clear:
- Import multiple bodies as parts. Imports a multibody part as separate part documents in an assembly document.
- Under UG, Import tool bodies. Tool bodies are used to construct the final bodies.
- Click OK.
- Browse to a file, and click Open.