SOLIDWORKS Electrical simplifies electrical system design with intelligent design tools, a comprehensive parts database, and real-time integration between 2D schematics and 3D models.
The major components of SOLIDWORKS Electrical are:
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematic - Tools for 2D dynamic electrical schematic creation.
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D - Tools to integrate 2D schematics with 3D models, so you can model electrical systems in 3D, including cables and wires.
- Data - A database of parts, symbols, libraries and catalogs that can be shared by users.
- Collaborative Server - A utility to manage the opening and updating of electrical drawings.
- An instance of the Microsoft SQL Server database.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical requires a Microsoft SQL Server database. It can use an existing database, or a new instance as part of the installation.
You can install all SOLIDWORKS Electrical components on the same machine. This installation is typically regarded as a standalone install. All program data, such as project drawings and reports, are stored on a single system. Full administrative rights to the system are required prior to installing SOLIDWORKS Electrical.
You can also install the SOLIDWORKS Electrical components as a client/server application. This installation is required when data must be stored on a network server, or where there is an existing SQL Server database on a network server that stores all the SOLIDWORKS Electrical databases. In these cases, full administrative rights are required on both the server and client systems. Also, client systems must have network access to the server and read/write privileges for creating projects, libraries and symbols.