SOLIDWORKS MBD (Model Based Definition) lets you create models without the need for drawings giving you an integrated manufacturing solution for the SOLIDWORKS software.
SOLIDWORKS MBD helps companies define, organize, and publish 3D product and manufacturing information (PMI), including 3D model data in industry standard file formats.
- SOLIDWORKS MBD offers 3D PMI definition capabilities using DimXpert and reference dimensions.
- You can use SOLIDWORKS technologies such as annotation views, dynamic viewing of annotation planes and 3D views to organize 3D PMI in a structured, easy-to-locate fashion.
- Besides the native SOLIDWORKS file formats, SOLIDWORKS MBD creates output files such as 3D PDF and eDrawings.
SOLIDWORKS MBD guides the manufacturing process directly in 3D:
- By avoiding the unnecessary and costly revision of 2D drawings, SOLIDWORKS MBD streamlines production, cuts cycle time, and improves communication with the supply chain.
- By using intuitive 3D interaction and rich metadata properties that reduce manufacturing errors.
- By providing help to meet industry standards such as MIL-STD-31000 Rev A and ASME 14.41, which gives a competitive advantage in winning contracts.
The SOLIDWORKS MBD add-in:
- Operates within the SOLIDWORKS environment with its own CommandManager.
- Supports all native SOLIDWORKS 3D part and assembly data, such as configurations, constraints, and PMI.