Before installing, you must have the following prerequisites:
- an invitation email from Dassault Systèmes
- 3DPassport credentials
- a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, and the 32-bit version of the Java 8 JRE component installed
- a full product installation of SOLIDWORKS 2015 SP0 or later, eDrawings 2015 SP01 or later, or DraftSight 2015 SP01 or later
If you do not have 3DPassport credentials, you can create an account from the invitation email. Ensure that you are using supported versions of the web browsers by reviewing the email. The email also provides a link to download the JRE component to your computer.
To install 3DEXPERIENCE Connection and 3DSwYm for SOLIDWORKS, eDrawings or DraftSight:
- From the invitation email, click the link to sign in to the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Type your 3DPassport User ID and Password and click Log In. The 3DDashboard launches.
- Review the information provided in the Welcome screen and click the X (Close button) to exit.
- In the top left corner of the 3DDashboard, click the 3D (West) quadrant of the Compass.
- In My 3D Modeling Apps, click SOLIDWORKS Connection, eDrawings Connection or DraftSight Connection, and click Install Now.
- If you have not previously installed the Launcher, the Welcome to the 3DEXPERIENCE Launcher dialog box displays. Follow the steps in this dialog box and accept the prompts in the Launcher wizard. When you are finished, the 3DEXPERIENCE installation begins.
Do not close the browser. It must remain open while the wizard is running.
- In the 3DEXPERIENCE Installation dialog box, click Install. The Installation wizard launches.
- Accept all of the prompts in the Installation wizard and click Finish.
- To establish the connection between SOLIDWORKS, eDrawings or DraftSight and the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, you must launch SOLIDWORKS, eDrawings or DraftSight by clicking the 3D quadrant of the Compass in the 3DDashboard.
This step is only required when you atttempt to run any of the 3DEXPERIENCE Connection apps for the first time.
The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform and 3DSwym panes appear in SOLIDWORKS and DraftSight. For eDrawings, the File menu lists commands for the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
For the SOLIDWORKS Connection, 3DEXPERIENCE Platform and 3DSwym are enabled as add-ins by default.